Re: [TowerTalk] Swinging gate antenna mounts

To: Dan Atchison <N3ND@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Swinging gate antenna mounts
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:58:19 -0500
Dan,

I think you would be happy with guying the tower at approximately 225
degrees, 345 degrees and 105 degrees and having the rotator sit off the leg
that is in the 105 degree direction.  Assuming you have enough room between
the boom to mast plate and the nearest element you should be able to cover
what you want and maybe even ZL.  I believe you need at least the distance
from the center of the vertical mast to the outside point of the farthest
leg of the tower.   Depending on how you mount the rotator 24 inches should
be good for 45G, for example.
73...Stan, K5GO