Re: [TowerTalk] Swinging gate antenna mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Swinging gate antenna mounts
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:03:57 -0400
That sounds pretty close..I was very pleased with my set up and the side arm mounts worked great. - M

-----Original Message----- From: K8RI
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:35 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com

On 5/29/2013 1:52 PM, Mike Ryan wrote:
Dan, I had a 150ft Rohn 45 stick when I lived in Manassas, Va back in
the late '90s.  There was a 4 x 4 x 4 stack of HyGain 204ba antennas on
the tower with two side mounted and the third just over 160ft  and above
a 3 ele 40m beam that was on the tower top.  I used two of the IIX
Industries side mounts with Ham IV rotators. The side mounted antennas
were mounted in such away that the little bit of lost rotation was in a
direction least likely aimed.  The spacing of the guy wires and avoiding
resonant lengths to me is more important than trying to avoid a
convenient spread of the ground level guy points to aim the antennas
through, but that's just me.  I think the antennas were spaced where the
guy points on the tower were spread apart to some extent rather than
every 30ft for example so that the rotation was clear.  Once you know
just where you want to put the antennas on the tower as far as spacing
is concerned I think you can plan on where to attach the guys points and
their end result on your pattern, directions, etc.   Good luck with it.
- Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Stan Stockton