Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589

To: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:48:19 -0700

On 6/13/2013 2:12 PM, Alan Swinger wrote:
Having had cables and pulleys replaced on a US Tower TX-472, I think the
pulleys are the weak link in crank-ups. That said, I believe in Lubing the
cables and pulleys twice a yr and inspecting cables . . . and not replacing
unless there is obvious cable or pulley wear.
73,
alan

I wanted to agree with this.  The pulleys need lubing much more
than the cable.  Also, they are much more likely to fail.
In some cases of "cable failure", actually what happened was that
a pulley failed and wrecked the cable.

Rick N6RK