Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to apply lube to HDX589
From: "Ian White" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 18:48:27 +0100

>A locking device would cost about $ 20.00 a section. I don't think that
would
>turn off a potential buyer. If they can do it in Europe, why not on
this side of
>the pond?? The market for crank-ups is probably bigger here.
>
>73 Bert, VE3NR

Versatowers have only one locking device, a simple flapper plate at the
top of the lowest section. The second section rests on this plate to
take the strain off the winch cable after the tower has been extended,
but all of the higher sections are still hanging on their cables and
pulleys.

73 from Ian GM3SEK