Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:06:07 -0700
On 6/18/13 5:17 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
It's a very neat system, much evolved from when I did a test for QST (in
April 2010), but in that test I neededthe higher power XBee radio
modules for reliable communications from inside my frame house to my
tower ~250 feet away. I suspect one mile must require line of sight, no
intervening structures, and maybe some sort of directional gain antennas
on both ends.

The gain antennas are readily available from any number of places. I use L-com, but there are others: Amazon has dozens.