Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax and control lines in same PVC
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:16:27 -0700
On 6/18/2013 9:49 AM, Jim Lux wrote:
In fact, what I did is run unregulated DC out, and had a point of load DC/DC converter to trickle charge the battery. A lot of these switching/control functions are high peak, low average power.

YES! With this sort of arrangement, the power conductors can be pretty small. And while solar charging batteries can be a good option, not everyone can use it -- my towers are in a dense redwood forest, so there's not enough sunlight to keep batteries charged, even for fairly small loads. :)

73, Jim K9YC