Re: [TowerTalk] short mobile antenna matching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] short mobile antenna matching
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 06:26:24 -0500

How about adding a counterpoise?

Ditto (sort of...)

You have some steel structure; axles, springs, engine, transmission, frame, A/C in basement and so forth. Bond it all together. Add some copper screen. Are you tile, carpet or what on the floors? If carpet, take it up, put down screen, and reinstall the carpet. Bond the under carpet screen to the other bonded metal. Don't skimp on interconnecting conductors, use copper foil NOT wire. Get creative and add screen wherever you can. More is better. with sufficient counterpoise you will be able to tune the ant.

I lived on a fiberglass boat for 9 years and had an Atlas 350XL. I talked to the world. Used engine and tranny for counterpoise plus the iron in the keel. You should do as well or better if you bond enough counterpoise. Your motorhome is seriously larger than my boat was.

Patrick AF5CK