[TowerTalk] Lightning and wired networks was: Re: Lightning protection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning and wired networks was: Re: Lightning protection
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:40:37 -0400
Sure, but the network cables were connected directly to the computer motherboards. I have also lost a couple of RS-232 ports on my K3, which now has a DB-9 surge protector on it - I'm inclined to think it's a design problem.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.