Re: [TowerTalk] Tex Com LMR-600 Connectors

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tex Com LMR-600 Connectors
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 20:58:39 -0400
On 8/8/2013 8:27 PM, K8RI wrote:

Everyone has their foibles I guess. But at least now you've had one answer to your question.

-Steve K8LX

I've asked why people care, but have never received an answer other than

If you're asking why someone likes to see a shiny connector after
removing years-old weatherproofing, it's proof there's been no moisture
ingress.

To me, all that goo is proof it stayed sealed.
Water leaking between a plastic later and a Nickle plated connector for
a month or two won't leave a mark, unless the water is contaminated as
in living down wind from a power plant.

73

Roger (K8RI)
To me the *best* weatherproofing is that which is very easy to remove
AND has provided a hermetic seal.

The next best is that which is difficult to remove and has provided a
hermetic deal.

And then there are various methods which don't provide a hermetic seal,
which don't deserve consideration.

-Steve K8LX