Re: [TowerTalk] Never Free Climb

To: Wilson <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Never Free Climb
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:45:24 -0400
>> The first thing to do, assuming he is dead or nearly so, is to put his
harness on, so the family will get as much money as possible.

Wow. I'll disagree. If your coworker had just died in an accident, I would
hope that there would be honesty in your grief and that you really wouldn't
do this.

Dishonesty never prevails. If there were really a training or a mechanical
problem, you're better off leaving evidence alone. If for, example, you put
a harness on this poor fellow and then the authorities find that he slipped
out of his harness which is still on the tower... or maybe he fell because
of a structural failure on the tower. You won't be able to easily fake an
entire scene and you owe it to the victim to prevent others from befalling
the same fate for the same reason.

Honesty would be best. Manipulating the scene can result in unintended
consequences - like jail time, or someone else having a similar accident.
Don't obstruct. Cooperate truthfully or don't say or do anything at all
until you get legal advice. You have that right.

I don't know you, but I'm disappointed in your recommendation.

Mickey N4MB

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Wilson <infomet@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> The first thing to do, assuming he is dead or nearly so, is to put his
> harness on, so the family will get as much money as possible.
> If he's dumb enough to do this, he probably hasn't provided for them very
> well.
> WL

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.