Re: [TowerTalk] Towable towers available from the government

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towable towers available from the government
From: "Doug Ronald" <doug@dougronald.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:18:18 -0700
Here is clarification on the lot vs. item issue:

Question:
Event 9067 lot number 3900 says "Quantity in lot: 198000". When I bid, am I
bidding on 198000 items each, or on the entire weight of 198000 pounds?

Answer:
You are bidding on the entire lot which consists of approximately 198,000
lbs.

I've been buying surplus electronics for decades first through DMRO, now
through GovLiquidation. One time a large LP came up for sale and I bid on
it. It required an EUC (End Use Certificate) basically saying I could use it
for its intended purpose but couldn't sell it for other than scrap. During
the sale, it was pulled and I decided to find out why. After hours on the
phone, I finally got through to the bureaucrat that issued the sale recall.
I couldn't convince him with any argument to reverse his decision. It
basically boiled-down to a 60 Minutes piece where a guy in the Midwest
purchased missile parts and of course the "reporter" made it seem like the
guy was going to launch them when he really only had some junk.

Now the story is Homeland Security. They have clamped down on every useful
transmitter, receiver, and antenna available. I have had equipment literally
at my doorstep that they have demanded back due to some decision
after-the-fact.

Liability with the equipment sold is not an issue. The government can't be
sued and they don't care if you are injured by something you won in the
auction.

-Doug, AE6SY