Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45AG4 guy tabs?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45AG4 guy tabs?
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:26:58 -0400
On 8/16/2013 4:59 PM, Mark Robinson wrote:

The typical guy tabs form a yoke "around" the tower so the tension is not on any one leg as opposed to tying them off on a tower leg as is often seen.

The tower flat top plate appears to distribute the forces between the tower legs and I would assume work well for guy attach points.

OTOH like Mark, I chose to put a regular guy mount a few feet below the top of the tower and use those holes in the top plate to anchor coax.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Yes I believe that they can be used to secure the guys. I chose not to do this since it is already cluttered up there and having the guys attached to the top plate makes working on the antennas more difficult.

The angled down guy anchor points on the top plate made a good point to secure the coax loop though.

I mounted my top guys several feet below the top plate.

73 Mark N1UK