Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45AG4 guy tabs?

To: Tower Talk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45AG4 guy tabs?
From: Jay Kesterson <k0gu@verinet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:23:56 -0600
You mention 600 UF. I've used a fair amount of it and found very
poor life with the stuff. Poor resistance to UV and easily abraded
if it rubs against something like the tower top in a rotator loop.

  Yes I know LMR-###-UF is not very good outdoors. I'm using one
of the other vendors LMR-400-UF (sort of) equivalent with a better
jacket in places where I can use 400. I'm not aware of a generic
LMR-600-UF with a better jacket. Is there one available? 1500w at
432 MHz and loss at 1296 MHz creates some problems with small cables
like 400. Unless there is something else available, Superflex has
it's problems also, I'll put something over the jacket to help with
the uV and abrasion and replace as needed.

73,  Jay  K0GU