Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 02:21:07 -0000
I have never installed Rohn 25, but I have installed Rohn 55G and 65G both
with pier pin bases.  For the Rohn 55G I pre-assembled three section and
then rented a 35' electric manlift.  This one has a build in hitch and I
pulled it home with my SUV and parked it near the tower base..  I was able
to lift the 30 feet of tower and install temporary guys in less than two
hours completely by myself and it was very inexpensive to rent.  Using Rohn
25G, with some help, you may be able to tilt two or three sections vertical
and attach temporary guys to get your tower started.  Do not skimp on the
quality of these temporary guys!

GL,
John