Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a dipole

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a dipole
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:48:21 -0700
I agree with Bob.  Easier to just put it up in its final place and check it.

To make tuning easier, you don't have to cut the ends,  Just wrap them back
on the antenna until you get the right length.  73 and GL
Tom W7WHY

FWIW I have never had good results trying to calculate the difference in
resonant freq from low heights vs the desired height on an inverted V.
I finally reached the conclusion it was a waste of time to try and calculate
the difference.
Hoist the center up to its final height and leave a generous amount on the
ends and lower and raise each of the ends and keep pruning till you get
nirvana.

Bob
K6UJ