[TowerTalk] Best way to mount two LPDA on single mast

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best way to mount two LPDA on single mast
From: Kevin Shea <fourstar4sale@yahoo.ie>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 18:54:58 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

I am putting up an 80' self supporting tower (AN Wireless HDD-80). I will be
using 2" chrome moly mast with ~ 10 ft of mast above the top of the tower.  To
this mast I am planning on mounting a 7-30Mhz, 14 element LPDA and above it
approx. at the top (8' separation) a 50-1300 MHz LPDA both from Tennadyne.

While I have many questions the ones here I am seeking answers for are:

Should I lift the antennas already mounted on the mast and lower the entire
assembly into the tower and rotator, or should I have the mast already attached
to the rotator and lift (by crane) the antennas and mount them to the mast?

If the second option  is the chosen method how do I attach the upper antenna (I
am tall but not ten feet tall)?  Do I need to drill into the mast and place
steps into it?

Finally, are there any other approaches I should be considering?

Thanks!

Kevin N9JKP
Madison, WI