Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor location

To: towertalk@contesting.com, turvin2009@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor location
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:53:42 -0500 (EST)
>  I now have my Rohn 25 tower assembled awaiting my concrete  to cure
before erecting.
I am getting ready to mount my rotor. At the top of  the Rohn 25 sections I
am using A BPL25G thrust bearing assembly section which  has the top plate
approximately 18" above the 1st section of cross members. My  plan is to
place the rotor at the 2nd set of cross members on the top  section.
Is this a good distance from the thrust bearing? If not, how much  spacing
do I need and why?

    There are only 2 places where the rotator shelf  will fit - either at
the junction of 2 sections or in a top section that has the  diagonals
missing; e.g. BPL25G. Your choice.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH