Re: [TowerTalk] Need to communicate with the sysop/moderstor for TT.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need to communicate with the sysop/moderstor for TT.
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 12:14:13 +0000
It could be from someone who is on the reflector that got a virus or even
just some spammer impersonating the from/reply address.  There are lots of
ways to send email where you can put in any 'from' address you would like
making an email look like it came from anyone.  Without careful examination
of the raw headers and some knowledge of how to track ip addresses you
wouldn't be able to tell who actually sent the email.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net