Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Back of desk grounding buss

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Back of desk grounding buss
From: Mike Fahmie <wa6zty@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
I had originally replied to KG2V's query offlist, but after reading other
replies I decided to post my reply to the entire list to share my concerns
about using Aluminum in this application.
Since I've been bit as the result of an insulating oxide layer on an
Aluminum connection, I wouldn't recommend it for your ground buss.  I
use copper, but since it is relatively soft, I don't count on tapped
threads, I use a nut on the backside.  If it's heavy enough so that it
is mechanically robust, then it's probably sufficient electrically.

-Mike-