Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Back of desk grounding buss

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [RFI] Back of desk grounding buss
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:18:23 -0500
If you clean the contact area and then use the appropriate contact coating, you shouldn't have an oxidation problem with aluminum.

I too prefer through bolting more than tapping holes in thin soft materials, copper or aluminum. If you really tighten a fastener in soft aluminum or copper, then 3 threads are not enough. Through bolting with stainless steel will let you tighten thoroughly.

Patrick NJ6G