Re: [TowerTalk] 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exis

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75 or 70 Ohm twinlead or ladderline cable - does it exist?
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:31:39 -0700
On 3/24/2014 2:03 PM, donhall161 wrote:
Way back in the day "zip cord" was the common name for AC line cord.
Brown, parallel conductors.

Yes, it was sometines used as a feed line. As K9YC indicated there was a
product sold as 75 transmission line.

73  Don  K5AQ

I remember good old 'twisted pair' that we used 'back in the day.' I had a Heathkit AT-1 and just bend one wire and stuck it inside the coax jack and taped the other wire to the outside of the coax jack.

Who knew about PL-259's and SWR back then :-) Think the twisted pair was about 75 ohms. 73
Tom W7WHY