Re: [TowerTalk] Welding Rebar

To: "'Roger \(K8RI\) on TT'" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Welding Rebar
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:56:21 -0500
Roger,

I have one of those towers to put up one day too. I was thinking rather than
weld the ears to the large rod as the factory shows, using threaded rods
coming out of the concrete and using a 1/2 inch plate to bolt the rods to.
Then welding the ears on the plate that then bolt to the tower.
That way I could easily use the foundation for a different tower if I wanted
to change to something else.

The threaded rods also make for easy leveling of the tower.

What is your opinion of that?

Thanks
Gary  K4FMX