Re: [TowerTalk] Bolts for Orion OR2800 rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bolts for Orion OR2800 rotor
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 15:13:33 -0500
George,

Here's another option, albeit expensive.

http://www.championradio.com/Orion-2800-Replacement-Mast-Clamp.44

This is intended to hold the mast better, is galvanized and uses stainless steel hardware.

Rich - N5ZC

On 4/21/2014 8:15 AM, Georgek5kg@aol.com wrote:
I need to replace the rotor-to-mast-clamp bolts on my OR 2800.   They are
3/8-24 x 4" Grade 5 bolts zinc plated, and are totally rusted.
Since I live on salt water, I would prefer to replace them with stainless. My question is: Is there any problem replacing the Grade 5, zinc plated
bolts with stainless in this application?  Also, what is a good source  for
3/8-24 x 4" ss bolts.
Tnx, George George Wagner, K5KG
Sarasota, FL
941-400-1960  cell