Re: [TowerTalk] Building a W6NL Moxon 40 Meter Beam.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Building a W6NL Moxon 40 Meter Beam.
From: "L L bahr " <pulsarxp@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 17:34:02 -0400 (EDT)
Scott,

Thanks for your reply. However, I realize the antenna works very well.  That is
why I want to build one.  But, maybe it can be made to work better.  That's my
point.  Am I not thinking clearly on this? Maybe I am not.  Why won't the 2
foot long channel not be reducing efficiency on the Director or will it indeed
not induce inefficiency? (It sure does reduce efficiency on a car body.)  I
need to get rid of my fear.  Just seems to me the channel mounting scheme is
mechanically strong and is no problem for the grounded Reflector, but it is not
a good idea electrically at the Director for efficiency. Somebody explain to me
why my fear is not correct. Where is my thinking flawed?  (I hope I am not
upsetting the group with my persistence.)

Lee, w0vt