Re: [TowerTalk] freight cost of tower part

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] freight cost of tower part
From: Tom_N2SR via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 05:08:52 -0700
What about shipping it TO your work QTH or FROM your work QTH?

I've worked for companies where you can have UPS/Fed-Ex deliver to the shipping
and receiving dock (since they do daily deliveries anyway), and you don't pay
the "resident" fee of having it shipped to your house.

Even if you ship FROM your work QTH, if you asked the shipping
supervisor/manager and said that you would pay for it, it would probably be
cheaper than shipping from a UPS store (I know we are talking tower here, but
just using it as an example).

Tom, N2SR

On Friday, August 15, 2014 8:01 AM, Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com> wrote:

On Aug 14, 2014, at 8:34 PM, <john@kk9a.com> <john@kk9a.com> wrote:

> What part? Are you shipping it to your residence?  Assuming that this is
> Fed-Ex freight, it is much less expensive to ship to a business or pick it
> up at the terminal than to ship to your residence.

Is there any additional terminal charge when you ship to a terminal?   Can you
ship to any local terminal, or does it have to be a fed-ex terminal?   There is
a local truck terminal but of course they don't cover where I would have
something shipped from.

tnx