Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolt material

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolt material
From: "Ray, W4BYG" <w4byg@att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:10:50 -0400
I haven't purchased any lately but previously was able to buy it from the local drug store in 1 lb. packages. I don't remember the price but it wasn't much. Once installed, it appeared strong enough that when I used it to set guy anchor bolts in 8" deep 2" wide holes drilled into granite rock I estimated, it would take a D-7 Cat to pull it out (SWAG).

Wedge-lock bolts I am told, could vibrate loose from the guys moving in the wind.
Ray, W4BYG