Re: [TowerTalk] Using old concrete in new pour

To: Paul Braiman <braimanbiz@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using old concrete in new pour
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:50:42 -0700
I recently poured a base for a 90 ft Sky Needle tower. The original plans
call for a 4 X 4 X 8 ft hole. I believe current requirements are 5 X 5 X 9
ft.

What's funny, this same tower that I own survived for more than 30 years
with the smaller foundation thru many monsoon winds, micro-bursts,
lightning and all. The County engineers here did not have the newer specs
on had, but felt the old ones were adequate.

I agree, "the lawyers have changed the engineering specs over the years".

Ray,
N6VR