Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cordless solder irons
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:47:48 -0500

I was prepairing an answer to wo ever aske for my source of the prohibition of soldered wiring in aircraft.

On section of 2b on page 88 of http://www.keybridgeti.com/videotraining/manualdl/25827.PDF . I quit searching at that point as there are many documents referring to the installation of terminals. It says Pre Insulated are preferred. My mechanic says they are required.

Much depends on the section and the FSDO you ask. You'd think standards would be an absolute, but they often are determined by how whoever is in charge for your area interprets the applicable documents.

I do know, you can not solder terminals on a home built aircraft if you want it to pass inspection prior to flight.

73

Roger (K8RI)