Re: [TowerTalk] Tower installtion question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower installtion question
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 15:58:55 -0500
On 1/16/15, 7:50 AM, bcarling@cfl.rr.com wrote:
> My local city Building Department wants me to prove that my proposed (24
> foot) tower
> installation with a 3 element beam for 17m & 12m can withstand 139 mph winds
> before they
> will issue a permit.
>
> Does this sound even remotely reasonable and compliant with PRB-1 ?

Yes, Seminole County is a 105-120 windspeed zone according to TIA-222G.
Seminole County is split, and based on your FCC address you're in the lower
speed area (110 mph).

The Florida Building Code permits the use of TIA-222G for towers, which has
different requirements than their "139 mph" requirements.  Your city
permitting department may need to be talked to about this, and have the
TIA/EIA-222g reference in the Florida building code pointed out to them.

I'm in the process of this now and all I need in my city is a setback and
stamped drawings. I don't think it's them being difficult.

73's W9CR
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice