Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Installtion Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Installtion Question
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:43:54 -0800
On 1/16/15 8:03 AM, Wilson wrote:
Since we have trees fall all the time, and they are not permitted, why not just
say that if the fall circle of the tower is clear of habitation then the tower
needs no permit.
I think the regulators are running away with this.  Who cares if a 30’ tower
falls?
And everyone who has seen a 139m/hr gust please raise your hands.

Trees and "things of nature" are typically not handled the same as "constructions of man" and never have been in zoning and safety regulations.

There *are* cases where a tree may be dangerous and the city requires removal. And in my area, there are only certain kinds of trees allowed in certain areas (mostly where it may impact public fixtures like sidewalks)

And if 139mi/hr winds do come, there will be a lot more to worry about than ham
towers!
A falling traffic light is far more “dangerous”.

And the public works agencies also have to meet appropriate standards. The vigor of enforcement may not be as high<grin>