Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:35:07 -0500
Likewise!

I think I put in the equivalent of a broadcast station ground system (over 600 feet when copper was a fraction of today's prices. Copper? I purchase a fair amount of steel and Al stock. Steel is currently close to what I paid for copper 12 years ago. Scrap copper is, I believe is in the high $3 range

Of course I had a good job which paid a bit better than a pension along with SS <:-)) That would be a bit out of my budget range today, but as said, it's a one time shot and if you can afford to over buid a protection system, go for it!

No system will give you 100% protection, but more is better.

73 and Good luck!

Roger (K8RI)