Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole Center Insulator

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole Center Insulator
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:25:53 -0500
IMO, strain-relief is the Main Attraction for rolling your own *connector-less* center insulator. Especially for the scenario where the feedpoint is suspended half way between the end supports.

If the feedpoint is located on a middle support, the commercial connectorized insulators are fine.

-Steve K8LX