Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:30:48 -0500
I can tell you one reason to spec RG213 over LMR400 to feed your Mosley
tribander, or any other tribander for that matter.  Your SWR will look
better than it really is due the excessive loss of RG213 on the higher
frequencies.  I can think of no other reason that someone would spec the
more lossy of the coaxes to feed a beam.  Oh yes, the RG213 has a higher
voltage rating than standard RG8, so when you "kick some extra gas" from the
linear, it won't arc over with the real SWR generated at the beam feedpoint
vs the one you are reading at your radio.

Ed  N1UR