Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 06:57:22 -0600
That is surprising since the C3 has an 18' boom and uses only a portion of
it on each band and the TH7 has a 24' boom and uses most of it.  I had not
read the K7LXC/N0AX report and did not know this. I was a guest op and the
TH7 (with a BN-86 balun) was not my antenna. I did unscientifically
compare it to a 4el SteppIR and saw little difference. Given the smaller
size and lack of problematic traps, I would prefer the C3 if the
performance was equal or better. My Aruba station had a 4el homebrew 20m
beam on a 36' boom which seemed to work well.

John KK9A