Re: [TowerTalk] WD-40

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WD-40
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 18:44:58 +0000
Years ago I was doing some family history research using the NY Times from the
1890s (I have a distant relative who was John Phillip Sousa's manager, hence
the connection to the NYT).

The paper was only about 12-16 pages then.  While browsing through a few weeks
of issues looking for "my" story I read many of the city beat stories that were
truly horrifying by todays standards.  One I distinctly remember was about a
factory where someone's clothing caught fire.  The victim's brother tried to
extinguish the fire by throwing what he thought was a bucket of water on him;
turns out it was a bucket of acid and the victim ended up horribly disfigured
as a result of the one-two punch.

Al
AB2ZY