Re: [TowerTalk] WD-40

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WD-40
From: WA8JXM <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 08:28:58 -0400
These concoctions are close to "Ed's Red" one of the better hombrew gun cleaners, developed by Ed Harris. It uses K1 kerosene, Dextron, mineral spirits, and acetone in equal proportion IIRC. Ed describes how he developed it looking for a substitute for an old formulation that used Sperm Oil, and why the individual compoents. There is plenty of information available if you google "Ed's Red".

Ken WA8JXM