Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: antenna choices for K4XS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: antenna choices for K4XS
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:12:12 -0400

Hy-Gain TH-3MK4 $499 from www.Hy-gain.com or $469 from www.dxengineering.com.

> For the average city ham with average tower, I'd suggest the F12
> XR3,4,5 or 6, depending on how many bands you need or the JK Navassa5
> (10,12,15,17, and 20). For a pure tribander, I like the JK Tribander,
> but they've removed details of that antenna from their website.

While the multi-monoband antennas are undoubtedly better performers
than the older trapped tribanders, the Hy-Gain designs are among the
best of the trapped designs and unless MFJ have significantly reduced
the quality are much better built than the Cushcraft.  The F12 and
JT antennas are two to three times the cost of the TH-3MK4.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV