Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 18:44:00 -0700
That was Howie, W2QHH. Look him up sometimes. Had 'em all and highest power he ever used was the Johnson Ranger and a long wire antenna.

That was before packet, et al.  73
Tom W7WHY

On 4/12/2015 6:13 PM, jcjacobsen@q.com wrote:
How do to all,

I remember reading...YEARS ago (OK, so I'm old also)about someone who was on
the Honor Roll using a Collins 75A4, a Johnson Ranger, and a 260 FOOT long
wire. I believe his total on 160 was also very high......... OH, and again if I
remember correctly, it was all on CW............ The propagation Gods sure
level the playing field.

In closing, use what ya got............. but use it. GET ON THE AIR!!. Quit
worrying abut the last .5db of gain.

73
K9WN Jake