Re: [TowerTalk] Messages end up in Spam Folder

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Messages end up in Spam Folder
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 22:46:46 -0700
On Sat,4/25/2015 9:25 PM, Wes Attaway (N5WA) wrote:
All of these work-around methods are fine but the root problem is between Contesting.com and Yahoo.

Hi Wes,

Yahoo is a pretty mediocre email client. I've had a Yahoo address for about 25 years, and use it for my "low priority" email. I've also had problems losing email because they put in the spam folder.

All my "primary" email accounts are POP3 accounts, and set up by the small company that hosts my websites. Most internet providers will give you an email account as part of their service, and it's a POP3 account. My web host also set me up with spam filtering. I check the "holding list" at least once a day.

My advice is to get a POP3 email account and use Thunderbird to access it, then shift your email reflectors to the new account.

73, Jim K9YC