Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Mounting Ham IV vs Yaesu SDX 2800

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Mounting Ham IV vs Yaesu SDX 2800
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 16:05:23 -0700
I slotted a custom designed 0.25" thick plate for an R65 tower to handle both Yaesu and Ham IV. The slot was 0.44" wide and 0.232" center to center of the end mill travel. So, it is next to impossible to drill a second hole since it overlaps the existing hole. A carbide burr or file are your options although you might start with a smaller diameter hole that doesn't overlap the existing one. Yaesu uses 8mm bolts, be sure they don't bottom in the casting with the thinner HDX mounting plate. The 0.44" slot width was for subsequent hot dip galvanizing of the plate, you don't need that width for 8mm or Ham IV 3/8" bolts.

Grant KZ1W