Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas in trees

To: <ve4xt@mymts.net>, "'Towertalk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas in trees
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 10:59:02 -0700
Kelly-

I tape about 4 or 5 sixteen penny nails to the tip of my arrow.  That is
usually enough weight to get it to come down through the branches.  I also
grab the 8# test line just as I see the arrow cross over the branch I'm
aiming at, so it doesn't go further out into the forest.  Most of the time
the arrow and line come straight down the back of the tree where I can tie
it off.

73,

Steve
N6SJ