Re: [TowerTalk] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 07:41:02 -0400
If anyone has an interest in modeling the V-Beam, I have placed a 4Nec2 input file at the top of my QRZ.com page. The Cartesian angle computation allows for changing the included angle and leg length. Probably the easiest way to save the file is to right-click on the link, then "Save Target As" to your desktop.

To modify the file in 4Nec2, click on the main menu EDIT tab, then INPUT. When the input menu opens, select the "Symbols" tab. Here, one can easily adjust the antenna to any height, included angle, and leg length. The default file has a 67 deg. angle and 350 ft. legs at 80 ft AGL, normal soil. On 40m and 20m, be prepared to see an extraordinary result for a wire antenna. As others have pointed out, quite a bit of land is needed along with three high supports to get this level of performance.

https://www.qrz.com/db/W9AC

I'll leave the file up for a few days.

Paul, W9AC

-----Original Message----- From: Patrick Greenlee