[TowerTalk] Basic Question about Antenna Height and Treetops

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Basic Question about Antenna Height and Treetops
From: "K1JOS" <k1jos@att.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 19:51:14 -0400
I am moving to a home situated on a hilltop.  Nearest same height hilltop or
higher is about 1 miles away.  The home is surrounded by dense (typical New
England Forest) 80' high hardwood and fir trees and my planned small tower
(budget and local codes) gets me only to a 50-60' antenna height.  The trees
will be within 50- 75' from my nearest Yagi ends.   How badly can I expect
my signal to be affected by the higher surrounding tree tops?  I cannot
build a tower to match their height.

thanks and 73

Jerry K1JOS