Re: [TowerTalk] what is 'circular tie' as is used in a towers concrete b

To: StellarCAT <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] what is 'circular tie' as is used in a towers concrete base?
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:47:11 -0400
> On Oct 20, 2015, at 11:29 37AM, StellarCAT <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve always just dug a hole – usually around 3 x 3 x 3 ... put the tower
> section in (with temp guys)  …

My thoughts exactly.

I’ve been wondering if perhaps the “new” rebar requirement in the Rohn catalogs
is for _pier pin_ bases.  It seems to me that the total size of the foundation
hole Rohn specifies for modest R25 and R45 guyed tower heights doesn’t leave
much room for rebar when you plant a regular or short triangular section of R25
or R45 in the hole — especially if you need a minimum of 3” cover!

Bud, W2RU