[TowerTalk] Myantennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Myantennas
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 07:36:31 -0800
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:58:40 +0000
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Myantennas

Like AC6LA I have no connection to the company, but I note that Danny
publishes complex Common-Mode impedance plots for his chokes; I believe
that's unique amongst manufacturers. I've checked a few of those
published plots, and his concatenated chokes produce some of the highest
CM impedances I've measured.

Steve G3TXQ

###  heres the part I don’t get.   Their 1:1 baluns, like their
http://myantennas.com/wp/product/bl11w-5k/
don’t have any where near as high a CM  Z  ( resistive part)..as their   CM
line isolators..which all have
connectors on both ends.   IE: http://myantennas.com/wp/product/cmc-230-5k/  or
http://myantennas.com/wp/product/cmc-130-3k/   .

###  http://myantennas.com/wp/product/cmc-230-5k/    This one is a winner, and
if used right at the
ant feed point,  will not only do the job, it will no doubt  drop the noise
level on RX  down a a bit.

##It appears that he has taken CM 1:1  chokes to a whole new level.  Hats off
to him.

Jim   VE7RF