Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated guys post...

To: "Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated guys post...
From: Fred Keen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 03:52:36 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Douglas,Have installed 6" wide flange beams ("I" as u called them), 12' long
into a 3'x3'x4' deep hole, leaving 8" out of the ground. My engineer had me
weld 3' long  3/4" rebar in three places on each side of the beam when it was
set into the concrete with a surrounding cage.You may want to go a little
deeper for 10' out and consider the additional rebar. GLFred KC5YN

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)<co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
wrote:   Hi,

I have been reading few old messages on the list about elevated guys post.

I found an interesting table in one of the messages...most used materials are
"I" beams and 6" pipe.

I decide install the 50 ft tower in the backyard and I need add one 10 ft high
guy post...the other 2 guy anchors are at that level.

I will dig a hole, about 3 ft deep and will put the first tower section. One
of my five tower section´s has problem on one leg on the bottom side and
will put it in that hole and will add concrete.

I have a question:

Instead of 6" Pipe or "I" beam, is it possible use HD rail used in the rail
line or railway as a guy post??.

Thanks,

73....Douglas, CO8DM