Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated guys post...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated guys post...
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 06:51:23 -0500
For a 10' elevated guy anchor, you will need a very large hole and many
yards of concrete. See k5IU's bunker recommendation in WE9V's summary.
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/1998-03/msg00209.html

John KK9A

To:     <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:        [TowerTalk] Elevated guys post...
From:   "Douglas Ruz \(CO8DM\)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Date:   Mon, 28 Dec 2015 22:37:32 -0500

I have been reading few old messages on the list about elevated guys post.

I found an interesting table in one of the messages...most used materials are
"I" beams and 6" pipe.

I decide install the 50 ft tower in the backyard and I need add one 10 ft
high
guy post...the other 2 guy anchors are at that level.

I will dig a hole, about 3 ft deep and will put the first tower section. One
of my five tower section´s has problem on one leg on the bottom side and
will put it in that hole and will add concrete.

I have a question:

Instead of 6" Pipe or "I" beam, is it possible use HD rail used in the rail
line or railway as a guy post??.

Thanks,

73....Douglas, CO8DM