Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?

To: TOWER TALK <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?
From: Daniel Hileman <n9wx@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 15:02:04 +0000
Hi All. I am going with the AN WIreless HD-70. After some confusion, I found
out they are indeed in business, still making some monster towers!
Thanks for all replies!

73,
Dan N9WX

From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 13:29:44 -0500
To: n9wx@hotmail.com

>  Happy New Year!  I have an Optibeam OB 13-6 yagi. I

was originally going to purchase an AN Wireless Heavy duty
Free-standing
tower, however, they seem to be having some trouble, and their
website
it down, and the dealers can not sell any currently. I know of the

Trylon tower, but wondering of other 70-90' free-standing towers that

can handle 30+ sq foot of windload at 70-80 mph.  I am looking to spend

in $5K +- range for a tower, I will spend a more, but that's kinda
where
I want to be price wise. I was told to check out the the Rohn SSV, but

the specs I have found are no where near that windload
capabilities.
Need your input!

Howdy --

    For starters you're lucky you didn't buy the AN
Wireless tower. The one I installed used a really stupid base design that
resulted in the concrete cost being 2.5X the cost for a comparable tower.
Why? Got no idea - a waste of time and money IMO.

    It looks like Grayson County is a 70 MPH windspeed
zone so that's no big deal unless you want to build to tornado-type specs.

    I'm a dealer for Trylon towers and have installed a
bunch of them over the years. The most popular ham configuration is the T500-72
which will handle approximately 45 sq.ft. @ 70 MPH so should be plenty for your
proposed installation. The current price is $4135 and the shipping is $901.00.
There might be sales tax as well.

    Anyway this fits your criteria and is in stock. I'd
be happy to pass along all my tricks of the trade to help with your
installation. BTW I'm in the middle of a 2-Titan tower project in Wills Point.
We've been waiting for the ground to dry out for months now.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs
and
www.championradio.com
Cell: 206-890-4188