Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 11:00:20 -0700

Well, the comparison made by K7LXC was to the standard Trylon ... the one mentioned in his post where he said N9WX was "lucky not to have bought a HD-70". The standard Titan series is the only one I could find on his Champion Radio website. Possibly Steve carries the Super Titan as well, but I didn't find it there ... only on the manufacturer's site.

The only listed prices I can see are $3,770 for the Trylon T500-72 and $$4,080 for the HD-70. If those indeed are the current prices that's an 8% difference for what you admit is a "way stronger" tower.

I'm not knocking Trylon towers. They are solid towers and LOTS of hams have them with no issues. But the HD-70 is indeed considerably stronger than the T500-72 and after seeing what the winds do here at my QTH I am grateful I had the good sense to buy one. Whether N9WX needed one or not is his call.

Dave   AB7E