[TowerTalk] Rohn Bolts AND nuts - won't mate

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Bolts AND nuts - won't mate
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:03:04 -0500
Sorry guys – I wasn’t clear ... the issue isn’t the bolt going in the hole. I
have a taper pin and I know how that is done .... the issue is the nut on the
bolt! IT won’t go on. It – the nut, has 3 dimples that Rohn now stamps in to
provide a locking mechanism. But its so aggressive that once the dimpled part
of the nut – the outside of the nut gets to the bolt you’re done turning at
least with the larger bolts. I don’t see how I can turn this without some form
of air wrench and then all the galvanizing is going to be stripped off! I
managed to get the nuts on the small ones in place – small bolts that is – but
it is pretty shiny where the threads are and not sure there’s a great deal of
zinc there.

Gary
K9RX